Are you looking for a dynamic, hands-on internship in media production? Our interns will gain experience in studio production, field production, post production, social media and outreach. Whether it’s acting as a floor director in the studio, editing a promo or capturing footage of the city, each day of your internship will be different. We are searching for college juniors and seniors who have experience with high definition cameras and editing software. Students must be able to earn college credit for the internship. If interested, please email intern[at]pasadenamedia[dot]org or call (626) 794-8585 ext. 104.
When positions are available, they will be posted on this page. Pasadena Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, marital status or disability status in its employment actions, decisions, policies and practices. Contact us at (626) 794-8585 for more information.
Job Announcement – Studio Coordinator II
Part-time career position available * Salary DOE * Benefits package
Background: Pasadena Media is a non-profit 501(c)3 corporation that oversees the public, government, and education access operations for the city of Pasadena.
Description: Reporting to the Head of Community Development, the Studio Coordinator II is responsible for assisting in administrative duties, training program implementation, administering social media plan and acting in all aspects of television production projects. Candidate must be able to work independently with clients to produce content in a creative, efficient manner. The candidate is responsible for the coordination of all facets of social media, video production, and post-production.
The ideal candidate will possess the ability to manage a production team and possess a wide range of video production and post-production skills and experience, including but not limited to the operation of video production equipment such as switchers, studio and field cameras and camera support gear, character generators, studio and field audio and lighting gear, non-linear editing systems and media publishing systems. Ability to work as part of a team in a fast-paced customer service environment required. Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
Required Education / Skills / Experience
- 2-year degree or equivalent work experience in television production required
- Experience in video production including technical direction, camera, audio, graphics, and lighting
- Experience in video post-production including editing, graphics composition and authoring/publication of content to various media
- Knowledge of copyright and other media law
- Highly developed verbal, written communication, and interpersonal communication skills (English)
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud, Google Apps, Microsoft Office, and social media platforms
- Computer and internet literate at an advanced level
- Demonstrated ability to perform multiple projects, with sound judgment, with changing priorities, and be thorough, organized, and attentive to detail
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with people of diverse social, cultural, economic, age, gender, and racial backgrounds
- Convey a warm and professional public manner
Preferred Education / Work Experience
- 4-year degree in a related field or 4 years of related work experience preferred
- Experience as a personnel supervisor
- Knowledge of California personnel law
- Community media experience including working with educational and governmental entities
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job.
The environment is oriented to public service and subject to constant work interruptions. Employees may work under the stress of continual public and/or inter-departmental contact and pressure to meet timelines. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 15 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
To apply, send a letter of interest and resume to:
Aaron B. Wheeler, Head of Community Development
150 S. Los Robles Ave. Suite 101
Pasadena, CA 91101
E-mail and postal mail accepted, no phone calls please. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.