Jobs & Internships
Are you looking for a dynamic, hands-on internship in media production? Our interns will gain experience in studio production, field production, post production, social media and outreach. Whether it’s acting as a floor director in the studio, editing a promo or capturing footage of the city, each day of your internship will be different. We are searching for college juniors and seniors who have experience with high definition cameras and editing software. Students must be able to earn college credit for the internship. If interested, please email intern[at]pasadenamedia[dot]org or call (626) 794-8585 ext. 104.
When positions are available, they will be posted on this page. Pasadena Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, marital status or disability status in its employment actions, decisions, policies and practices. Contact us at (626) 794-8585 for more information.
JOB ANNOUNCEMENT – MEDIA PRODUCTION SPECIALIST I
Part-time position available * $18/hr * Paid Time Off
Background: Pasadena Media is a non-profit 501(c)3 corporation that oversees the public, government, and education access media operations for the City of Pasadena.
Description: This is a 20 hour per week position. Generally, this position will be scheduled Monday – Thursday evenings. The Media Production Specialist I works in a variety of capacities on field, studio and virtual production and post-production projects. The employee’s primary responsibility is switching live public meetings on the local government access channel. Other responsibilities are similar to that of a ‘preditor’ combining production, shooting, and editing roles including, but not limited to, producing long and short form studio and field content, and coordination of shoots and edits. The employee must be able to work independently with clients to produce content in a creative, efficient manner.
The ideal candidate will possess the ability to manage a production team and possess a wide range of video production and post-production skills and experience, including the operation of video production equipment such as switchers, studio and field cameras and camera support gear, character generators, studio and field audio and lighting gear, non-linear editing systems, and media streaming and publishing systems. The successful candidate must also be able to work independently in live and remote controlled production environments as well as part of a team in a fast-paced customer service environment. Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
Required Education / Skills / Experience
- 2-year degree or equivalent work experience in television production required
- Experience in video production including technical direction, camera, audio, graphics, and lighting
- Experience in video post-production including editing, graphics composition, and authoring/publication
- Highly developed verbal, written communication, and interpersonal communication skills (English)
- Basic hardware and software troubleshooting skills
- Computer and internet literate at an advanced level
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud, Google Apps, Microsoft Office, and social media platforms
- Experience navigating teleconference and webinar platforms such as Zoom
- Demonstrated ability to perform multiple projects, with sound judgment, with changing priorities, and be thorough, organized, and attentive to detail
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with people of diverse social, cultural, economic, age, gender, and racial backgrounds
- Convey a warm and professional public manner
Preferred Education / Work Experience
- Postsecondary education in journalism or 1 year of journalism work experience
- Experience with NewTek TriCaster video production systems and Open Broadcaster Software (OBS)
- Knowledge of copyright and other media law
- Community media experience including working with educational and governmental entities